Success is the Sum of Details
After the design concepts have been established and preconstruction considerations are complete, the important step of Detailed Design begins. During this time, the design team works to produce the construction documents necessary to communicate and build your project.
With our integrated approach of design and construction, our design team has the advantage of already knowing your project. The same professionals that worked with you to evaluate costs and establish the construction budget, now lead the design effort. With many construction firms, this critical step is outsourced, creating ambiguity and misunderstanding among the professionals involved in your project. We always take the lead design role on your project and know what is important to you. Continuity is maintained and your project benefits.
Every construction project has many details, and the way these are handled has a lasting effect on the functionality of your new facility. As we produce the details, Tomorrow’s Builder has the benefit of construction expertise and estimating resources. This combination leads to practical designs that not only cost less but are more easily constructed. You don’t face countless change orders from details that just don’t work. When field changes occur using our approach, we are in a better position to resolve these. We work “on our feet” and provide design support throughout the construction process.
Detailed Design may include…
- Full drawings used for construction, permitting, procurement and contract attachment
- Architectural services including landscape, building and interior design
- Civil engineering services including site, geotechnical, and structural
- Mechanical engineering services including fire protection, plumbing, process piping and HVAC
- Electrical engineering services including power, lighting, communications, security, fire alarm and controls
- Procurement and incorporation of production equipment in design